Dragonflies and Damselflies of the East
This is the first fully illustrated guide to all 336 dragonfly and damselfly species of eastern North America--from the rivers of Manitoba to the Florida cypress swamps--and the companion volume to Dennis Paulson's acclaimed field guide to the dragonflies and damselflies of the West. Dragonflies and Damselflies of the East features hundreds of color photos that depict all the species found in the region, detailed line drawings to aid in-hand identification, and a color distribution map for every species--and the book's compact size and user-friendly design make it the only guide you need in the field. Species accounts describe key identification features, distribution, flight season, similar species, habitat, and natural history. Paulson's authoritative introduction offers a primer on dragonfly biology and identification, and also includes tips on how to study and photograph these stunningly beautiful insects.
- Paperback - 544 pages
- Illustrates all 336 eastern species
- Features hundreds of full-color photos
- Includes detailed species accounts, line drawings to aid identification, and a color distribution map for every species
- Offers helpful tips for the dragonfly enthusiast
- Dimensions: 5.5" W x 8.5" H